Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Social Distancing Day Ten

I think the initial shock of what is happening has worn off and I have really embraced whatever we're calling this; social distancing or shelter in place. I'm sure that it will probably be a rollercoaster as this continues but for now we are friends. 

I am off my normal schedule. I got to sleep around midnight and get up around 8:30. It's so nice just to get up and eat breakfast and watch a little lot of TV. I watched hours of Seinfeld today, and did some chores. 


Things are mostly normal here but I'm not sure to do with our mail...
I've just been throwing it in the floor. We said we were gonna glove up and go through it and just trash what we could. I have two amazon packages I haven't opened yet. The last I heard is that the 'rona can live on cardboard for 24 hours so I figured I'd let it sit for a few days before I open it. 


For lunch I made ChaChi and I grilled cheese and soup. I always make my sandwich in the pan and keep the heat on low, then I put mayonnaise on the outside of the bread, instead of butter. I almost burned it today. I was washing the bottle of mayonnaise with soap and water (like I've been doing to a lot of our groceries) and ChaChi walked into the kitchen, we locked eyes and I said, "I'm not crazy, you're crazy." He just looked at me and said, "You're not crazy, you're just being cautious." I could feel the tears well up in my eyes, and I looked away hoping he wouldn't notice. 😂 That kid gets me haha, or he's crazy too.


Ansley made some banana bread. I feel like I was in the kitchen most of the day. I kept getting a terrible smell off and on. Finally, I realize it was that damn cantaloupe...it smelled horrible. It had defeated me and I poured what I could in the sink and bagged up the rest and put in the trash. I was reading an article that said most fruits' seeds bought from the grocery store won't bear fruit anyway. What are they doing to our food? I knew I had some seeds under the sink so I put them in some dirt in half of this apple container.  I know there is a certain time of year you're supposed to do this but who has time to read up on that? Ok, I do but I didn't...anyone surprised? I just thought I'd throw them in some dirt and see what happens. I mean Bloomberg said anyone can do it.


I helped Ryan put up some more wood up and a light fixture. 

ChaChi had 30 math problems to do and it took him about four hours to do them. 😲 He would work a problem and Ansley would check it and was really nice to have everyone home huddled up in the kitchen with me.

I've been reading about how there are mask shortages and saw a few post of people who have made some. I rummaged through some of my old sewing stuff to see if I had anything to make some. I was surprised to find I had some elastic. I don't have much but I'm gonna try to make what I can out of the little bit I have. Here is my first one. It's not the prettiest...of course my bobbin thread ran out 1/2 way through.


I hope you had a great day too!



No comments:

Post a Comment