Sunday, March 22, 2020

Social Distancing Day Seven

"I wish carsickness and homesickness didn't even exist." ChaChi Hehir age 5. This popped up in my "memories" on Facebook today.

To really think about the emotion in those words is almost heartbreaking. I hate that I can't even remember why they were said. ChaChi has always been an old soul with lot of deep thoughts and original perspectives. I guess it's sad to me that now he's fifteen and it's not cool to freely open up about emotions anymore. 

Anyway, it's rainy and dreary and this damn tree has blown over, again. Sometimes, I feel like this tree is living my life, haha. Ryan is out in the back piddling in his "shed quarters" before he has to go to work.


This morning I  watched a two hour Dateline with Keith Morrison. Ryan always comes in when I have these types of shows on and then he gets sucked in but also complains about how long it takes them to "just tell the stupid story" he says that every. time.  He doesn't get Keith Morrison, at all. He's gotta paint a picture. Did you know that Keith Morrison is Chandler Bing/Matthew Perry's stepdad? I never liked Friends. Even in these circumstances I wouldn't watch it but it's only day seven, things could change.

I did some laundry and finally finished the pantry. After Ryan left for work I watched a two hour 20/20 and Ansley came down and then she got sucked in, An hour in, ChaChi came down and fished it up with us.

I had a little retail therapy with some online shopping.

I bought some weights, a pack of underwear...a pack. Who wears underwear in a pack? Senior citizens, toddlers and now me. I have the worst luck with underwear...I'm sure it's the lack of junk in my trunk. I'll have on yoga pants and I'll just be walking along and my underwear will have migrated down into a wad, like not just in my crack but like down my hips. So I'll slide my hand down all cusual-like and try to grab them and do a little shimmy but at the same time try to make it look like I'm just struggling with my pants and now I've said too much. Anyway, I also ordered Mike Rowe's book and some Bob's Red Mill Oats.
Shopping took a good bit of my time. I get sidetracked easily and the next thing I know I was admiring muumuus. You can't tell me they don't look comfortable! Then, I started to feel sorry for Ryan and deleted it from my cart. I thought the granny panties will be sad enough for him. I'll have to save that for another time.

I finally did something with the sweet potato I cut a few days ago.
I put coconut oil in a bowl and microwave it, stir in the potatoes, season with some pepper, season salt and turmeric until it's mixed well. I put it on a baking sheet and cook @400 for 15 mins, stir it around and put it back in for another 10-15 mins. I like mine crispy and Ansley doesn't.

We didn't really have a plan when we started dinner but we notice a couple of peppers were going bad so I chopped them up and put them on the same sheet at the potatoes, for the last 10 minutes.

 
I decide to make some rice, mixed in some corn with a can of black beans and threw it all together in a bowl.


This is probably my favorite meal right now and I felt like we should eat something healthy after the last few days.

After dinner the kids and I watched two episodes of The Goldbergs and ChaChi went back to the Xbox. Ansley and I started A Million Little Things but turned it off when Ryan came home. Now, it's raining...again.

No comments:

Post a Comment