Monday, March 23, 2020

Social Distancing Day Eight

It's a lot like Groundhog Day around here. Watch some murder shows, threaten kids, feel like I have all this time to be productive, and yet not being productive.

Did some laundry, vacuumed a little, should have done a little more. Made eye contact with a jar of cantaloupe, noticed something floating on top...it's probably mold or something, didn't care enough to actually look into it further, decided I would just trash it, never trashed it. We cut some peppers the other night and I reasoned with myself that it would just make more sense to plant something I actually like we eat . So now I have pepper seeds sitting on the counter that I will probably never plant. 


I do this every time someone sneezes. They say,  "I'm overreacting, I say, "tell that to Covid."

Found some old trail mix when I cleaned out the pantry. The nuts were bad that's what she said  so I sorted them from the M & M's and raisins.


 Ryan asked me if I could come help him in the shed. I said, "no" but went anyway. I'm always surprised the things he asks me to do. This evening he wanted me to help him put up a sheet of plywood on the roof to make a ceiling, right now it's just open rafters. He had made a "T" out of some 2x4's that were way taller than me and I was supposed to balance, well more like put pressure on it and try to guide the plywood into place. Like line it up and be square on a chalkline. I'm over there with that plywood like a circus clown trying to balance six plates on sticks or something. He's like, "can you turn the 'T' 90 degrees to the North" or something crazy. I'm like fool, I don't even know what you're saying! So finally, he realized the depths of his stupidity of asking me for help and my stupidity of not knowing how to turn this "T" 90 degrees. He says, "Never mind it's fine, you can go back inside." Well, I must have walked too slow because the next thing I know I'm standing on a tool box with my hands in the air holding up a sheet of plywood.

After that fiasco I came in and made some cinnamon rolls from scratch, per his request. I made 1/2 cinnamon and the other 1/2 I put some jam inside. I had never tried mixing it up but it worked out. Sometimes, I'm too spontaneous for my own good. I can never stick to a plan or a recipe.

 After I rolled and cut them.
 After they had time to rise.
 Cooked.
 About to get in my belly.

Then, I called my mom to try to order her some more groceries but they didn't have any pickup times. We'll try again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment