Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Social Distancing Day Nine

I have to start with last night. We were in bed asleep and heard Dumdum squawling (isn't that the greatest word? Also spelled squall, I know because I looked it up) in the backyard. He was tussling with another cat from the wrong side of the tracks. Dumdum is a little on the small side and we save his tail often. He hollers, we open the back door and he scurries in. I guess you could say he's a bit of a...well, you know.


We get back in bed and Ryan starts coughing so naturally I go sleep on the sofa, just it case he's got the 'rona. He thinks I'm dramatic...I think he's contagious. We all have allergies so I'm sure it's just allergies but you can never be too careful. I wake up a couple of hours later with the cat standing on his back paws with his tiny, little cat head right in my face. How creepy is that? I woke up again when Ryan was getting ready for work. It was pouring down rain and I couldn't go back to sleep until I knew he made it to work. It was a rough night. 

The kids are having to do their classes online and ChaChi had a virtual meeting on zoom at 10:00 AM. I thought it was cool (I felt like a dorky mom) and ChaChi thought it was stupid. ChaChi is on a block schedule and has four teachers but I've only heard from two of them. I think they have until tomorrow to get in touch with all the students...we'll see.

Then I tried to wake Ansley for the day but I was unsuccessful but how cute is she? When they hit the teen years, they are much cuter and nicer when they are asleep. She is doing online learning too and is not a fan of that or of getting up before 2:00 PM.


I cleaned up a little and decided to clean out my glassware cabinet that looked more like a plasticware cabinet. I swear, I don't know where they come from! We'll I guess that's a lie because the name of the restaurants are plastered across them but you get what I mean. Do they multiply in the cabinets and why do I even put them in the dishwasher? We never use them again.

 I got a text from my neighbor, he was in a real bind and needed a fix. I told him I had what he needed and to wait for a text and I'd make the drop.


 I handed off (from a safe distance and then backed away to a safer distance) to him two heaping cups of the finest all purpose flour money can buy. I told them this would have to be documented but I'd protect his identity. 

When I returned home I started dinner and got a FaceTime call from another neighbor. I almost didn't answer because surely it was a  mistake to FaceTime me!  She suggested we get ten feet apart and drink some beer so hopefully we'll be able to do that tomorrow. 

After dinner we went for a 3.5 mile walk and there were people ALL over the place out walking. I have never seen the amount of people out in one week as were out today! We were having to zigzag all over the street to keep our distance. It felt so good to be outside...it always does.


We saw this huge airplane. Ryan told me what it was but I forgot and he's asleep.


Ansley said, "why's the grass smoking." (it was getting foggy out) I thought it was hilarious. She was joking but it was funny. We always say stupid things but act like we're serious, kind of an inside thing.



People are putting bears in their windows for kids to look for on their walks, like a "bear hunt." They were all over the place! I thought it was a cute idea and enjoyed it more than I should have. Ryan didn't believe that was what was in the windows and said we were crazy. 

We got a late start on our walk, it got dark on us and when we had about a mile left it started raining. Ryan checked the weather before we left...it always cracks me up when we're so far from home and it rains. That never gets old, hahaha.


Love my weird family!

No comments:

Post a Comment