Friday, January 27, 2012

How do you know you had a good time?

We started framing today. My father in law rolled into town last night and will be doing our framing. He only brought two guys with him and I believe he may be feeling overwhelmed with the task that is before him. My husband assures me that though his dad hasn't actually walked on water that his framing is perfect.  So we are glad to have him here.

There were a couple of little oops on the plumbing but nothing that Herb (my FIL) can't work around.

We have started to rethink our brick choice. I think we have given ourselves too much time to make a decision. Apparently, we work best under pressure that way we don't have enough time to change our minds. I drove around a little today trying to find another one we might like better.

We also had someone out to give us a quote on our windows today.

The kids had a great time playing in the mud that surrounds our slab. Several of the neighborhood kids came over to play. I really hate that I didn't get a picture of that! ChaChi and another kid got their boots stuck in the mud and had to be rescued by the kid's dad. They played out there for hours! I swear next time I want to go out, instead of getting a babysitter I'm just going to find a mud hole and leave them there to play.  Our neighbors were nice enough to squirt our kids off with a water hose, which left them freezing to death. They also offered up some towels but we declined (as any self respecting redneck would do) and stripped the kids down to their underwear for the ride home. All in all, I'd have to say...If you go home in just your underwear, you probably had a good time.

                                                Day 1 of framing.

No comments:

Post a Comment