Saturday, January 7, 2012

Mississippi Mud

Finally! We started grading our lot yesterday. I was beginning to think this day would never come! It is already looking better than I thought it could.


        This guy (Bobby Stewart 901 870 5155) did some great work, I'm sure it's because he had a great helper!

Yesterday we got the majority of the grading done with threat of rain looming around for the next several days. We had scheduled a survey to be done this morning. They come out and mark your property line and all the setbacks you have to follow to get your house in the right place on the lot. When we arrived at the lot to meet the surveyor there was a van full of workers just waiting to start putting up the form boards for the slab. I was really thrilled to get this much going so quickly especially since it had rained a little overnight.
ChaChi, wanted to "help" whenever he could. He said, "They keep speaking to me in spanish and I don't know what they said, but I'm pretty sure it was quit throwing things."

We also met with the plumber and the storm shelter guy. Hopefully they both will be able to start on Monday.

                                      This is what it looks like now.




No comments:

Post a Comment