Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween

I have always loved Halloween. I don't think I ever skipped a year of trick or treating. You can do that when you get pregnant at seventeen. You trick or treat way beyond the age you should. Then you have a baby and take him trick or treating in a stroller. Magical really. Last night was no exception. One of Ansley's friends invited us to join them on their hayride. They had a little get together at her house before and then we all piled on the  trailer to go trick or treating. Ok, here's where it was a little uncomfortable for me. We showed up at the party with adult beverages. It's not like we showed up with 24oz  Lime-A-Ritas in brown bags. We are not heathens! I had my red wine in a black Georgia Bulldog Tervis tumbler, complete with a matching lid and a straw. Those straws are so nice and extra big, if they were only tinted instead of clear. I'm not sure but it may have been frowned upon. It never occurred to me to ask if it were a dry party. I mean I've never gone to a dry Halloween party. Awwwwwkward. Has this ever happened to you? What do you do?

Some new people moved into the neighborhood about two weeks ago. Which by the way, their garage looks way better than ours. We still can't park a car inside ours. This pressured inspired me to empty out ten or so more boxes Tuesday. The lady that just moved in already has a decoration hanging on her door and some decorative pots sitting out. I had already decided that we couldn't be friends because she is obviously way more awesome than I. She even works! We actually had lunch earlier today on a field trip with our sons who are in the same grade.

What do you know? She is also friends with the folks having the party so she and her family were there too. We actually shared a hay bale in the back of the truck all night. It was great fun. She admitted to me that she has a fear of boxes which I found totally weird and I loved it! I have a lot of fears and it was nice to meet someone with a fear stranger than mine.

Pre Halloween pumpkin carving.

 ChaChi was Tom Cruise in Risky Business.
 Ansley was running with scissors.


I was the Sun Drop girl. I was surprised that a lot of people didn't know who I was! If you don't know, you should google it! Or go to www. sundrop.com It cracks me up!
 The loot!

 I really wish I would have taken my camera on the hayride. People do Halloween right around here! Lots of hayrides, people sitting at the end of their driveways with fires going to pass out candy and of course tons of kids! Another successful Halloween. Now if we only get invited back next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment